This is a quick step-by-step instructions to get AutoPKG and the JSSImporter to work so Mac Admins can begin testing and evaluating the two products, and see how these tools will help automate the less than glamorous parts of their job. This is not a lengthy description post explaining the awesome work that other Mac Admins have done in creating AutoPKG and JSSImporter, as there are plenty of other posts that explain this better than I can (including their own respective documentation).
- The reference installers for AutoPKG and JSSImporter are .pkg files, so they must be run on a Mac.
- The JSSImporter assumes that the JSS Distribution Point is either local, or always mounted.
- Download and install autopkg
- Add Default repo
- Download JSS-addon via autopkg
- Install JSS-addon pkg
- Create an “Standard” User in the JSS with Create, Read, Update rights of JSS Objects.
- Set plist environment variables (no slashes at the end)
Comments are closed. If you have a question concerning the content of this page, please feel free to contact me.